I don't want to say anything but.....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually we're number 4; behind the Nats, K.C., and San Diego. That might be good enough to land Strasburg. I don't see K.C. spending the money and I'm doubtful that San Diego would put up that kind of cash either.

Trolling is disallowed, my fellow posters...

The fact of the matter is that we are in a position to get a top two choice from our poor play, and while many would prefer to not hear it, or read about it, it is true. It is a valid point of interest, or perhaps more importantly to some -concern. To be clear... in no way, shape or form, would I advocate rooting for the team to lose. Regardless, the losing is a precursor to something much better, and I'll continue to watch our young talent forge ahead to better days.

Let's face it. They're not getting any top free agents and trades for real difference makers are going to cost too much. We need that SI kid and there's only one way to get him.

Wait until the Nationals can't sign him and get him when he falls due to signability the next year?

And really? You're banking the team's future on one guy who not only isn't here yet but is still a year away from being eligible for the draft? Really? Really?

How about you root for the team to get on a roll going into the offseason and give our young guys some confidence for 2010 instead of actively wanting to see them fail. Because every thread that even suggests tanking is doing just that.

It's disgusting.

Trolling is disallowed, my fellow posters...

The fact of the matter is that we are in a position to get a top two choice from our poor play, and while many would prefer to not hear it, or read about it, it is true. It is a valid point of interest, or perhaps more importantly to some -concern.

And it is true that supporting tanking, especially when it comes to the baseball draft, is...I honestly can't find a word for how bad I think it is.

I'm certainly not rooting for this to happen and would like to see us win games the rest of the year.

But if not Stephen Strasburg or Bryce Harper is a nice consolation prize. That's all I'm saying.

And BTW, I'd give the Nats about a 10% chance right now to sign Strasburg.

Archived